Ruby On Rails Developer
We at xEnabler, provide digital transformation using new age smart technologies for more than 10 years. We have clients located primarily in Australia and NewZealand that are served by our Australian teams. This job is part of our expansion in India.
We have a number of openings in our technical team focusing on mobile and web development to be part of our technology leadership team. As a part of this expansion we are looking for a Senior Software Engineer (Full Stack) with backend technology as Java, to join our award winning digital team.
As a part of this role, you will be responsible for,
- Working on a great mix of Ruby on Rails, Web APIs
- Work with development teams and product managers to ideate software solutions
- Working on a great mix of greenfields projects and maintaining existing applications
- Using your technical skills to help improve all aspects of xEnabler; from our applications to sharing your knowledge and experience in our knowledge sharing presentations
- Involved through the whole delivery life cycle, from brainstorming sessions and inception to production
- Working within an agile (Scrum) environment and contributing to the continuous improvement of xEnabler
- Helping to create exceptional user experiences for our customers
- Contributing to code reviews & documentation
- Experimenting with lots of new technologies through our great R&D projects. We are always keen to explore something new
- Working alongside an excellent team
- Taking initiatives, training & assisting team members to use & implement latest technology solutions
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
- Create security and data protection settings
To be successful in this role, you must have,
- Experience with modern web frameworks – Ruby on Rails, Phoenix/Elixir and/or Django/Python.
- Should have sound experience in developing scalable / distributed SaaS apps.
- Should have good knowledge and work experience in REST API implementations, JSON format handling, caching, sessions, multi-threading, etc.
- Should be comfortable with database schema design and leveraging SQL & NoSQL (PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redis, Elasticsearch, DynamoDB).
- Experience developing, consuming and transforming internal and 3rd party API’s (REST and GraphQL).
- Experience with code quality and reusability practices (CI/CD for back-end & front-end repos).
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, distributed systems, design patterns.
- Strong understanding of software engineering best practices, including unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, debugging, troubleshooting, and agile development.
- Experience mentoring and guiding junior developers
- Solid understanding in web application environments and development tools, event-driven application development, session state management, web configuration and deployment strategies, security and performance tuning, and debugging methodologies
- Proven enthusiasm for technology and current hands on work experience on development
- Passion for clean design and library grade coding
- Demonstrable analytical skills and excellent Communication skills
- Mid to senior level talents – at least 3 to 8 years of experience
It would be nice if you have any extra skills such as,
- Knowledge of AWS
- Knowledge on scripting languages
- DevOps basics and knowledge on micro services
What you will get as a reward
- Above market level salary
- Opportunity for continuous growth
- Flexibility to work from home
- Ability to be part of core leadership team and drive development decisions
- Working with highly skilled team who prides in excellence of their solution
- Greenfield setup to match your career path.
- Opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies and solutions
If you’re passionate about web platforms, CI/CD and translating code into user-friendly products, we would like to meet you. Send us following to start the conversation
- Your LinkedIn Profile link
- Your GitHub link
- Any Stackoverflow contribution is a plus
- Your resume to email@example.com
- Projects you have developed so far, along with links and reference
Remote or Pune, India