Automotive, automation, ITS and telecom industries are showing great interest in the smart parking market as part of a broader smart city and the Internet of Things (IoT) strategy.
You will soon be able to pre-book your parking slot for your Saturday evening shows a week in advance. Digital payment options will open smart parking and electric vehicle (EV) charging gates with a single click.
As per a Research & Markets report, the global smart parking market is going to increase from 4.9 billion dollars in 2018 to 11.6 billion dollars in 2024.
The parking industry is expected to grow as a smart and green industry with the commoditization of new technologies 7 (especially, in the IoT/M2M/V2X space).
By reserving a park in advance, people can plan their commute knowing they have a spot. They’ll arrive on time, stress-free, and ready to work. Plus, people with an allocated parking spot can share it with others when they don’t need it, so more people can park easily on-site.
- Fair and inclusive access to parking
- Easy to book and share
- Visibility of available spots
- Resolves parking issues
- Simplifies management of multiple locations/groups
- Provides real-time occupancy tracking
- Generates comprehensive usage reports
- Integrates with access control and other hardware
- Reports usage so you can reduce your Fringe Benefits Tax
With a car park management system that’s flexible, you can easily manage all kinds of parking. Plus, as your organisation changes, so can your car park.
- Casual (first in first served) parking
- Individually allocated parking
- Visitor parking
- Electric vehicle charging
- Carpooling policies
- Public parking
For organisations wishing to charge for parking, Parking management software can facilitate easy payments, and automatic revenue payments are sent monthly.
- Recouping of costs
- A new revenue stream
- A charity donation fund (optional)