Customers have assurance for their deliveries as the app allows the customer to see data about their delivery such as route, expected arrival time, order ID, and more. This means that customers are more likely to order from a business as these features help them feel safer about ordering.
- Strategic Management – investors, executive admins, C-level executives. Long-term planning, decision-making happens at this stage with the appropriate strategic planning.
- Tactical Management – logistics middle management and engineers. Yearly, quarterly and monthly plans for the supply chain are made as well as risk minimization, medium-term decisions, and cost control.
- Operational Management – logistics manager. They make the call on dispatching, routing, and what tasks are performed by which workers, as well as daily reports and analyses on workers’ tasks.
- Execution Management – Warehouse staff and drivers. Warehousing, transportation, and supply chain task execution are performed at this stage.
- User friendly experience so that app navigation is simple and not confusing.
- Simple sign in or registration so that users don’t spend an eternity filling in information.
- Booking details, such as order placed, order ID, and product(s) description should be available.
- Easy payments
- Location search, to help find nearest feasible locations for example
- Ratings and reviews
- Order requests
The driver is notified of requests based on geographical locations, so that they can choose whether or not to accept it.
For drivers to state their availability.
- Route navigation
An in-app GPS navigation system so that they can be as efficient as possible.
A built-in payment system helps compensate drivers in a timely manner and keep tabs on unjust practices.
- Bill approvals
Drivers can submit bills and ask for relevant reimbursements.
- Order details
Drivers can access details on the order they are currently completing (order ID, location, billing amount, etc.).
Where all details of placed orders can be accessed as well as orders shipped and warehouse details.
- Driver management
Drivers’ details (such as amount of orders delivered, ratings, user feedback) can be tracked.
- Fleet management
Status of orders shipped.
- Bills and tariffs
So that the admin can keep a log of all business-related transactions and involved intermediaries.
- Push notifications
This allows the admin to send special notifications to middlemen, users, and drivers. They could be discounts, offers, or fee boosts for drivers.
These can include chats or the app being available in multiple languages. Additional features enhance the user experience even more.
A business should also use the right technology stack for implementation.
- SMS, Voice and Phone verification – Twilio, Nexmo
- Database- MongoDB, Cassandra, Mailchimp Integration, Hbase, PostgreSQL
- Push notifications- Twilio, Push.io
- Payments- Stripe, Braintree & PayPal, EWallets
- Cloud Environment- AWS, Azure, Google
- Real-time Analytics- Big Data, Spark, Cisco, IBM, Apache Flink, Hadoop